I've never done this before so hopefully I get this right!
I have to first acknowledge who tagged me. :
Jamie at http://www.thriftyinthecincy.blogspot.com/
Here's the official rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. (I hope i linked right by typing the address up there)
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven people, listing the links to their blogs.
4. Let the seven people know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Ok, so #2 seven facts about me:
1. I have lived in the same county for almost all of my life ( when I was 4-7 I lived in the next county over and I went to college in KY).
2. I have known my husband since we were about 12 yrs old in the church youth group. Then he dumped my step-cousin for me in 1996! OOPS!
We celebrated our 10th anniversary this month!
3. I used to say that when I grew up I wanted to be a school counselor and a French teacher ( I had a high school teacher who was my inspiration - thank you Mrs. Mills!) and the first female race car driver on the side, but I dont even like NASCAR! ( darn that Danica Patrick beat me!)
I didnt even get close to any of that!
4. Along those lines... I took French classes from 6th grade through college. I used to be REALLY good, but since i have been out of school for a LONG time I havent used it much. I can read it very,very well.
To listen to it, i have a hard time since I am out of practice. ( Ratatouille embarrassed me!) I'd be too embarrassed to speak it in public too, but i have done it in the past.
I did try to teach a basic intro to French to 7 PAYING families when I taught at KinderCare a LONG time ago.
I think I am going to take a spanish class at the local career center so I can talk to some of the ESL families at J's school.
5. I was in a sorority in college! Phi Mu ( myoo not moo) Those of you who know me now but not then are probably surprised by that... well maybe not... but you do know i am the least stereotypical sorority girl ever! I didnt go through rush, I was given an open bid - which is an invitation to join. It was fun and I was glad to have a place to "belong." I was terribly lonely in college my sophomore year and was on a very small campus that didnt have much else going on, so it was helpful. It was too expensive for my budget but worthwhile at the time. I still read the news of what is going on, but i have never joined an alumni ( alumnae??) group. And mty favorite color was pink even before then, but it certainly fit right in!
6. I have always been a coupon clipper/deal seeker, but have only gotten really serious in the past year. My husband and I even have a silly song about it ( i am such a coupon nerd!)
My neighbor growing up was (is) my inspiration. She was featured in the newspaper for getting 2 or 3 CARTS of groceries for like $20 or something insane. Her daughter was my friend and she used to get us all kinds of free fun things through mail in offers. My mom would save box lids and upc's for her ( that was before you had to mail in the receipt). The best thing she ever got us was a huge cardboard playhouse AND a rocket ship. We had to bend over to get into it cuz we were probably about 10 or so, but a 5 yr old probably could've walked into it. It was so awesome! ha!
She still sends me coupons in the mail. :D
7. I AM a complete and total nerd and have always been.
But I can be a ditz too! I am smarter than i look i guess! haha! (I am older than I look too. Most people guess me 10 yrs younger- I love them!)
I was in the county spelling bee several times growing up ( placed 2nd!)
Was almost a natl merit scholar- unfortunately i didnt realize how important the PSAT was and wasnt very serious about it (oops)
My DH and I used to do math problems FOR FUN! and we like those "figure it out" kinda problems. ( what are those called? ) We fight over the daily crossword puzzle in the paper. And like watching Jeopardy.
We used to link two computers together and play Age Of Empires. (that was before children! I miss that!)
Anyway, enough of my nerdiness. :)
Now to finish this tag:
I cant tag seven people, i only know a couple!
So, enjoy my useless facts about me!